Foreigners can become taxi drivers in Germany, but they must meet certain requirements and follow specific procedures. Here are the steps to become a taxi driver in Germany as a foreigner:
- Get a driving license: You must have a valid driving license that allows you to drive in Germany. If you have a foreign driving license, you may need to have it translated and certified.
- Get a taxi license: You need a taxi license to operate as a taxi driver in Germany. To obtain a taxi license, you must pass a written and practical exam, which tests your knowledge of traffic regulations, customer service, and driving skills.
- Get a medical certificate: You need a medical certificate stating that you are fit to drive a taxi. You can get this certificate from a licensed physician.
- Get a clean criminal record certificate: You must provide a certificate of good conduct from your home country or from Germany, depending on your situation.
- Get a work permit: If you are a non-EU citizen, you must have a valid work permit that allows you to work as a taxi driver in Germany.
- Buy or rent a taxi: You can either buy or rent a taxi. If you rent a taxi, you need to have a rental agreement with the taxi company.
- Register as a taxi driver: You must register with the local authorities and obtain a taxi license plate for your vehicle. You also need to have insurance for your taxi.
Note that the requirements and procedures may vary depending on the state and city in Germany. It is recommended to check the specific requirements and procedures in your area before applying for a taxi license.
To become a taxi driver in Germany as a foreigner, you need ti take some steps steps:
- Meet the most important requirements: You must meet the following requirements to become a taxi driver in Germany:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driving license for at least 3 years
- Have no criminal record
- Meet the medical fitness requirements
- Obtain a professional driving license: You must have a professional driving license (“Fahrerlaubnis”) to work as a taxi driver in Germany. To obtain this license, you may need to take a specific training course and pass a written and practical exam.
- Obtain a taxi license: To work as a taxi driver in Germany, you also need to have a taxi license (“Sie benötigen außerdem eine Taxilizenz”), which is issued by the local prefecture. To obtain a taxi license, you may need to provide proof of insurance coverage, a medical certificate, a clean criminal record, and other required documents
- Register with a taxi company: In Germany, most taxi drivers work for taxi companies. To find work, you can register with a taxi company in your area or apply for a job as a taxi driver.
- Obtain a work permit: If you are not a citizen of an EU country, you may need to obtain a work permit to work as a taxi driver in Germany.
It is important to note that the requirements and procedures for becoming a taxi driver in Germany may vary depending on the region or city where you wish to work. Therefore, it is recommended that you check the specific requirements for your situation with the local prefecture or a taxi company.